Frequently Asked Questions
Is Te Puni Village located on campus?
Yes - Only 5 min to lectures on the Kelburn Campus and a 10 minute walk to the other campuses in town.
Can I bring a car?
No - The great thing about the location of Te Puni Village is that you are only a few minutes walk to Kelburn campus and 12 minutes from town or Architectural Design School. This also means that you can return to the village for lunch before heading back to class.
What time is lunch I have a class till 12?
Lunch is from 11.30 – 1.30 during the week, weekend brunch time is 11 – 1.
Will I end up sharing a room?
No – All rooms at Te Puni Village are singles.
Do I need to bring my own linen?
Yes - But we do have linen packs available for purchase.
What does my fees include?
Your fees include accommodation, food and utilities.
What do I bring with me?
- Blu Tak - for putting up posters and photos
- Coat hangers
- Laundry basket and washing powder, bath mat
- First aid kit
- Emergency water containers
- Cutlery and crockery for personal use
- You are expected to clean your own room so please bring appropriate supplies
What shouldn't I bring with me?
- Oil Burners
- We only allow safety tested electrical appliances